One song, one melody, one inspired message



“One song, one melody, one inspired message

Each person has their own goal to strive for and sometimes unintentionally lets them become a burden on their self abilities and decisions. The pressure to take care of our family, along with the stereotypes of having to settle down, and having to get married before a certain age leads to wrong decisions that are against our will.

Facing social trends, people gradually realize their neglect of personal health and happiness. Loving yourself, an essential topic, is suddenly receiving more attention and understanding. Therefore, a series of articles and lyrics were born according to the times to confront the inner demons and motivate people to recover, set up, and go further.

That is also the purpose of Ly Phat Phat when he publishes the song "这辈子欠自己太多", which roughly translates as "I used to owe myself a lot".

“I mature even when I am not willing.

Have not fully experienced the beauty of youth

Earn money but I couldn’t bear to spend any more

Have to calculate the cost of living carefully

Getting married at the time I wondered what love is

Take on the responsibilities of my family

Not allow myself to burst into tears

Even though I am exhausted, I don’t want to suffer my family.

I used to owe myself a lot

If I can restart once more time

I wanna live the way I want

No need to carefully

Look at anyone’s face

Regret for me in the past

I used to owe myself a lot

In the end, I still can not obtain anything

Only want to live a life following what I want

Instead of thinking about others’ role

Just live my own life

Do not forget that we also need to be happy.”

The lyrics of the song convey the struggles and challenges one can face while navigating through life. It is a reminder that it is crucial to acknowledge and embrace our true selves, despite the mistakes and regrets we may have.

Don’t need to work exhaustedly to exchange your health for money, don’t need to get married in a hurry, don’t need to force yourself to do things you don’t want, just live as yourself.

Among several important things in life, the lyrics clearly affirms that the only one we should prioritize is ourselves, our happiness, and our health.

“Wanna live a life following what I want

Do not forget we also need to be happy.”

This sentence is a spotlight among the priceless messages. Combined with a profound melody, it makes listeners deeply understand the meaning, realizing that the most important thing we forget is our own happiness. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, so treat ourselves gently with all sincerity. Self-love isn't selfishness but an act of self-care and self-preservation, and it is a right that everyone deserves to have.

However, loving yourself does not mean neglecting your bad habits. The prerequisite is that what you do is beneficial for your physical, psychological, and spiritual development. Don't look at anyone's faces listen to anyone's arrangements or even follow social trends. Slow down and listen to your soul, and all you need to do in the end is strive hard for your passion, for what you really want.

Only when we truly love ourselves, we truly love this world and use that love to warm those around us. Moreover, please transfer it to the strength and motivation to go further on the path to success.

“I used to own myself a lot” owns gentle rhythms and heartfelt vocals that create a sense of intimacy and vulnerability, connecting to the deep emotion of the listeners. In addition, this is also a quite trendy and catchy song, so it is easy to spread and leaves a good effect on conveying the message, especially for people who love Chinese music in general and the younger generation in particular.

Overall, “I used to owe myself a lot” is an excellent song with an essential message that resonates with many people, especially those struggling with self-doubt and self-acceptance.

Reference:
Bich Dao. (2023, October 16). Lyrics - Loi bai hat kiep nay no ban than qua nhieu - Ly Phat Phat. Diễn Đàn Chia Sẻ.
https://chiase.org/threads/loi-bai-hat-kiep-nay-no-ban-than-qua-nhieu-ly-phat-phat.13123/

Comments